The awkward 22

I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way.. If I am though this is my blog and it's the truth so I guess it's okay..

22 IS THE MOST AWKWARD AGE EVER



There is no road map to life which can make growing up very confusing at times. When you are younger your main focus for the future is getting an education. High school on to college, simple as that. After graduation however things get a little bit more tricky. Life is full of so many opportunities, choosing what fits you best is easier said than done though.  Being a twenty something young adult this is what I am constantly around:

Friends getting engaged/married/pregnant
 while the other half happily lives up the young single lifestyle

Friends beginning their career
while the other half travels and lives carefree


Friends beginning to save money and pay bills
while the other half spends on things meaningful for a happy lifestyle such as traveling, gym memberships, etc.

bars Saturday night, church Sunday morning


I know life is all about doing what is right for yourself, not following anyone else's path. Sometimes I wish it what a little bit simpler than that. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY happy with how my life is going right now. But I also wonder sometimes if I am making all of the right decisions to live a balanced and fulfilling life. At times I wish I could go back to high school when my biggest concern was choosing a college and what to wear to school. Now it's all about money, relationships, careers, etc. (while still trying to pick the perfect outfit, I guess some things never change!)